Happy Holidays From Aya Quest Native Americas Church
Whether you celebrate Winter Solstice, Christmas, Kwanza, Hanukah, Three Kings Day, St. Nicholas Day or another Holiday, we hope it is full of beauty, blessings and love.
We ask you to please remember that this time of year is very difficult for a lot of people. We'd all like to think that the holidays are a beautiful time for everyone, but the reality is, they're not. So while you're out, please remember that:
1) a lot of people are working and losing time with their families because they can't afford to be off
2) a lot of people are spending this holiday season without loved ones and the loss is still fresh
3) a lot of people don't have the money to give gifts leaving them feeling inadequate
4) a lot of people don't have family to spend time with or they do but it's drama and stress
5) a lot of people have Mental Health Issues that the hustle and bustle of the season exacerbate
6) a lot of people are living on the streets or in shelters because they've lost everything
7) a lot of people are battling addictions that keep them secluded
and many, MANY more reasons! So please, treat others with kindness (and not just during the holidays!!!!)!!!!! If you can, donate to a food pantry or a charity that helps those in need; when you're out eating, TIP YOUR SERVERS WELL; be kind to the cashier who's been going non stop for weeks now; check on that little old person down the road who lives alone and never has visitors. There's so much that you can do to ease the stress and burden of others this time of year that don't affect your plans at all! And if someone in your family doesn't want to do the family thing, RESPECT IT!!! It's not for everyone and that's OKAY!!!! From all of us at Aya Quest to all of you, have a beautiful, blessed, healthy, love filled Holiday Season and New Year!